• The Pickens County Library System holds its inaugural Teen Art Gala at the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Viewing is from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. The awards ceremony is at 6 p.m.
• Pickens County Council holds a planning workshop at 8:30 a.m. in Suite 430 of the Clemson University Conference Center and Inn, 240 Madren Center Drive in Clemson. The agenda is an executive session to discuss planning/organizational structure and a contractual issue.
• Spend an evening in Never Never Land enjoying Peter Pan themed stories, games, and crafts at 6:30 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. The event is free. Call 850-7077 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Sarlin Branch Library, 15 S. Palmetto St. in Liberty, presents a program at 4:30 p.m. on how to make 8-bit keychains to resemble their favorite pop-culture characters. The program is open to all teens. Call 864-850-7077 for more information.
• The Writer’s Roundtable meets at 6 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Village Branch Library, 124 N. Catherine St. in Pickens. Beginning writers and published authors are welcome to attend. Call the library at 864-898-5747 for more information.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Lego Storybuilders meets at 3:30 p.m. each Wednesday at the Central-Clemson Regional Branch Library, 105 Commons Way in Central. Call 864-850-7077 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• The Easley Bridge Club meets at 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Open to beginners and those with experience. Call 850-7077 for more information.
• The Central-Clemson Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Central-Clemson Regional Branch. New members are welcome.
• The Easley Chess Club meets from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. each Thursday at the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. All skill levels are welcome.
• Lego Storybuilders meets at 3:30 p.m. each Friday at the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Call the library at 864-850-7077 for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Greater Anderson Musical Arts Consortium Chamber Orchestra under the direction of R. Alexander Spainhour III present GAMAC Goes for Baroque at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 31 in the sanctuary of St. John’s United Methodist Church in Anderson. Tickets are priced at $20 for adults and $10 for students and children. To purchase tickets, call 864-231-6147.
The Distinguished Young Women of Anderson County scholarship program is held at 5 p.m. Feb. 8 in the Pendleton High School auditorium. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at the door. The overall winner will represent Anderson County in the Distinguished Young Women of South Carolina scholarship program in July.
The Furman Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Combo present a concert at 8 p.m. Jan. 31 in Daniel Recital Hall on the Furman University campus. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students.
“A Hero’s 5K Run & Walk” is held Feb. 1 at Furman University at 8:30 a.m. in front of Timmons Arena. A fun run for kids begins just after the 5K shotgun start. Registration is $25 online or in person at Packet Pickup from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 31 at Run In sports store, 1942 Augusta St. in Greenville. Race day registration will be $25 from 7 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Timmons Arena.
Holocaust scholar Dr. Eva Fogelman speaks about altruistic behavior during the Nazi Holocaust at 7 p.m. Feb. 5 in Daniel Memorial Chapel on the Furman University campus. Admission is free. Contact Susan Bennett at 864-294-2133 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.