• The Pickens County Republican Party holds a candidate stump event at 7:45 a.m. at the Pickens County Career and Technical Center, 990 Chastain Road in Liberty. Candidates will be introduced at 8:30 a.m. The meeting will end at noon.
• The third annual S.C. Botanical Garden Moonlight and Magnolias Garden Gala is held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Fran Hanson Visitor Center located in the Garden. Tickets are $75 each.
• The Easley High School Class of 1959 holds its 55th class reunion at the Pickens County Country Club from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Easley Mayor Larry Bagwell is the speaker.
• The Hired Help performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Daniel High School, 1819 Six Mile Highway in Central. RSVP to Barbara at 864-898-5800.
• Pickens County Council holds a called meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium at the County Administration Facility, 222 McDaniel Ave. in Pickens. On the agenda is an executive session to discuss a personnel issue.
• The Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at Fatz in Easley at 11:30 a.m. for initiation of officers and end of the year luncheon. Call 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Pickens County Library board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. The meeting is open to the public.
• Itchy and the Chiggers performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Geer Memorial Baptist Church’s Child Development Center hosts a drop in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to celebrate the retirement of Barbara Brock, director of the CDC. All parents and children who are associated with the center or have been are invited. The center is located at 909 S. 5th St.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Gloria Kouvolo at 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The League of Women Voters Clemson Area sponsors a candidate forum at 6:30 p.m. May 12 at Tri-County Technical College on Michelin Avenue. The forum will start with opening statements, followed by a Q&A period and closing by each candidate. Csndidates expected to attend include candidates for S.C. House District 8, Anderson County Probate Judge, and Anderson County Council Districts 3, 4 and 5. Call 864-224-5126 for more information.
The Tri-County Patriot Run is held May 17 on the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College, 511 Michelin Blvd. in Anderson. The 5k race and one-mile run/walk begin at 8 a.m. Visit wwwt tct.edu/race for more information.
A training workshop to become a Clemson Canning Coach is held May 13 at the Greenville office of the Clemson Extension Service. Call Adair Hoover at 864-656-9999 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Safe Animals From Euthanasia holds a fundraiser for the Oconee County Animal Shelter from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 4 at The Club at Keowee Key. NY Times Bestselling Author Dorothea Benton Frank is the guest. Tickets are $55 each and includes lunch and a hardcover copy of her latest book. Tickets are available at Booksmith and Foolish Heart Farm in Seneca. Call 864-719-0130 for more information.
Walhalla native Catie Devoe performs at the Walhalla Civic Auditorium at 8 p.m. June 13. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students. Call 864-638-5277 to order tickets. Proceeds will benefit the Old St. John’s Meeting House and Wedding Chapel.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.