April 4-April 6
• The Comedy of Errors is presented at Foothills Playhouse, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley. Performances are at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Tickets are $14 for adults, $12 for seniors and students and $7 for children. Visit www.easleyfoothillsplayhouse.com or call 864-855-1817 for more information or to order tickets.
• The S.C. Botanical Garden at Clemson University hosts Emily Lynch in concert from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Admission is free.
• The Pickens County Literacy Association holds its semi-annual Used Book Sale in the All Saints Hall of Pickens Presbyterian Church, 311 W. Main St. Sale hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 4 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 5. Call PCLA director Everette Curl at 878-9642 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at 10 a.m. at the Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Storyteller Judy Seeley is the speaker.
• The S.C. Botanical Garden at Clemson University hosts Ali Riehm in concert from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Admission is free.
April 11 & April 12
• The 12th anniversary of The Family Unity Festival is held April 11 and April 12. The fashion and talent show will be held at 7 p.m. at The Dream Center Auditorium, 200 W. D Ave. in Easley. Admission is free. The Unity Festival is held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 12 and the Unity Parade will be held at 1 p.m. on Main Street.
• The third annual Clemson Blues Festival is held featuring The Swingin’ Medallions, Mac Arnold and Plate Full O’Blues, Greenville’s True Blues Band and ReggaeInfinity. Visit www.clemsonbluesfest.org for the schedule of events and more information.
• Dr. Bruce E. Baker gives a lecture from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. in Hardin Hall at Clemson University on A.F. Lever an the Cotton Futures Act of 1914. Baker grew up in Easley and graduated from Clemson in 1992. He is currently a lecturer in American history at Newcastle University in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.
• The April Steppin’ It Up Coalition meeting is held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Clemson Police Department, 1198 Tiger Blvd. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating youth on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco use and drug use.
• The Southern Wesleyan University Jazz Band performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The S.C. Botanical Garden at Clemson University hosts Tugalo Holler in concert from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Admission is free.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Gloria Kouvolo at 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Outside Pickens County
Tri-County Technical College holds its ninth annual Bluegrass Under the Stars from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. April 5 in the amphitheater at the Pendleton Campus. The rain location is the Student Center. Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice will headline the event, which will also feature Most Wanted Bluegrass, Tulago Holler and Mountain Faith. The evening will end with a fireworks event. Visit www.tctc.edu/bluegrass for more information.
Hospice of the Upstate is offering a five-week educational grief series at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on April 7, April 14, April 21, April 28 and May 5. The meetings will be held at the Randall E. Sadler Bereavement & Education Center located at Hospice of the Upstate, 1835 Rogers Road in Anderson. Sessions are free. Call 328-1950 to reserve a seat.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.