• The Pickens County Republican Party holds a candidate stump event at 7:45 a.m. at the Pickens County Career and Technical Center, 990 Chastain Road in Liberty. Candidates will be introduced at 8:30 a.m. The meeting will end at noon.
• The third annual S.C. Botanical Garden Moonlight and Magnolias Garden Gala is held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Fran Hanson Visitor Center located in the Garden. Tickets are $75 each.
• The Easley High School Class of 1959 holds its 55th class reunion at the Pickens County Country Club from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Easley Mayor Larry Bagwell is the speaker.
• The Hired Help performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Daniel High School, 1819 Six Mile Highway in Central. RSVP to Barbara at 864-898-5800.
• The Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at Fatz in Easley at 11:30 a.m. for initiation of officers and end of the year luncheon. Call 864-843-1403 for more information.
• Itchy and the Chiggers performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Geer Memorial Baptist Church’s Child Development Center hosts a drop in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to celebrate the retirement of Barbara Brock, director of the CDC. All parents and children who are associated with the center or have been are invited. The center is located at 909 S. 5th St.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Gloria Kouvolo at 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Tri-County Patriot Run is held May 17 on the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College, 511 Michelin Blvd. in Anderson. The 5k race and one-mile run/walk begin at 8 a.m. Visit wwwt tct.edu/race for more information.
Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas perform at Charter Amphitheatre in Simpsonville on May 9. The Devil Makes Three will also appear. Tickets are on sale.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.