• A yard sale is held beginning at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Church of God, 127 McDaniel Ave. in Pickens as a fundraiser for Pastor Aaron Hodges to have a bone marrow transplant. Food will be sold and a car wash will be available.
• Itchy and the Chiggers performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Geer Memorial Baptist Church’s Child Development Center hosts a drop in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to celebrate the retirement of Barbara Brock, director of the CDC. All parents and children who are associated with the center or have been are invited. The center is located at 909 S. 5th St.
• The Pickens County Council meets at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the County Administration Facility, 222 McDaniel Ave. Items on the agenda will include second reading of the 2014-15 budget, committee reports, administrator’s report and an executive session.
• The Hayes Agency from Greenville holds the 10th annual Teacher & Employee Retention Incentive and Retirement Planning Seminar from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Powdersville Branch Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The event is free to the public but seats must be reserved. Call 864-551-4267 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16. Materials will be provided.
• Candidates for State House District 4 and District 5 meet at 7 p.m. at Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley for a candidate forum. Candidates will express their views and answer questions.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women meet at 12:30 p.m. at Fatz Cafe. Speaker Terry Kay will discuss yard beautification and gardening. Officers for 2014-15 will be installed. The cost is $10 per person. To reserve a spot, call Trish Weekes at 864-420-4545 or send an email to email@example.com by May 19.
• The Jamie Wright Review performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 7:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Tri-County Patriot Run is held May 17 on the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College, 511 Michelin Blvd. in Anderson. The 5k race and one-mile run/walk begin at 8 a.m. Visit wwwt tct.edu/race for more information.
Safe Animals From Euthanasia holds a fundraiser for the Oconee County Animal Shelter from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 4 at The Club at Keowee Key. NY Times Bestselling Author Dorothea Benton Frank is the guest. Tickets are $55 each and includes lunch and a hardcover copy of her latest book. Tickets are available at Booksmith and Foolish Heart Farm in Seneca. Call 864-719-0130 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.