• The Pickens Presbyterian Church Child Development Center holds its third annual golf classic at the Pickens County Country Club. Registration is at 9 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $100 per person or $400 per team. Call 864-878-9953 for more information.
• Baptist Easley Hospital holds the 2014 Easley Mud Run at 10 a.m. at J.B. Owens Sports Complex, 111 Walkers Way in Easley.
• The Pickens County Animal Hospital, 2555 Gentry Memorial Highway in Pickens, hosts an Adopt-A-Thon and open house. Dog games will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. (prizes awarded). The event will also feature a raffle for gift certificates plus several other rescue group will be on site. Donations will be split evenly between the participating groups.
• The Derrick Dorsey Band performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information. This is a Music on Main event and will include a cruise-in.
• Saluda River Rally is held at Dolly Cooper Park in Powdersville from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. The event will feature revolving paddle trips by the S.C. Kayak Fishing Club and Saluda River Yacht Club. All participants are required to sign in at Dolly Cooper Sports Complex. Sunday will include a single-launch paddle trip and a wrap up from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call Anderson County Parks at 864-231-7275 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Union Baptist Church, 200 N. Pendleton St. in Easley. Jeff Cassidy, cast member of Preachers’ Daughters, is the guest speaker.
• Robinson Funeral Home & Crematory hosts a Lunch & Learn at noon at Golden Corral, 106 Southern Center Way in Easley and at Western Sizzlin, 898 Tiger Boulevard in Clemson. The topic will be Advanced Funeral Planning. Send an email to Marian Huskins at Marian@robinsonfuneralhomes.com to reserve a seat.
• Mary’s House hosts a golf tournament at the Pickens Country Club, 1018 Country Club Way in Pickens. The shotgun start is at 9 a.m. Contact Mary’s House at 864-855-1708 or Debbie Brown at 864-915-2473 to register or for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Gloria Kouvolo at 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Clemson Little Theatre stages The Dixie Swim Club from June 6 through June 8 and from June 13 through June 14 at the Pendleton Playhouse, 214 S. Mechanic St. in Pendleton. Shows are at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and at 3 p.m. Sundays. Tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for college students with ID and those under 19.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.