• A Back to School WaterBlast is held from noon to 4 p.m. at the Amphitheater on Old Market Square in Easley. The event is sponsored by the Gilstrap Family Dealerships.
• Rio 2 is the featured Movie on the Market at the Amphitheater on Old Market Square in Easley. The venue opens at 7 p.m. and the movie begins at 8 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Gilstrap Family Dealerships.
• The third annual Founders Day Music Festival is held on West Main Street in Pickens from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Frozen is the featured Movie on the Market at the Amphitheater on Old Market Square in Easley. The venue opens at 7 p.m. and the movie begins at 8 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Gilstrap Family Dealerships.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
Outside Pickens County
2014 Celebrate Anderson Weekend is held Aug. 30 and Aug. 31 at the Civic Center of Anderson and will feature family cycling opportunities, pro-cycling races and a free outdoor concert featuring Adkins & Loudermilk and Daryl Worley. A fireworks finale will be held at 9:30 p.m.
The fifth annual Indie Craft Parade is held at the Huguenot Mill at the Peace Center from Sept. 12 through Sept. 14. Admission is $2 at the door. Children 12 and under are admitted free. The event will feature 33 new artists and 47 returning artists. Visit www.indiecraftparade.com for more information.
The 1oth annual S.C. Apple Festival Car Show is held Sept. 6 on East Main Street in Wesminster. Registration is from 9 a.m. to noon. Motorcycles, antique tractors and four-wheel drive vehicles are welcome. The cost to register is $15 and the vendor fee is $15. Prizes will be awarded. Contact Larry Dellinger at 864-647-5487 for more information. The event is sponsored by Crime Stoppers of Oconee County and the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office.
The Collins Home hosts its 31st annual Chicken Barbecue from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Northside Elementary School. Plates are $10 each and can be bought by calling 864-882-0893. Plates will include barbecued chicken, baked beans, slaw, potato chips, roll, pickles, tea or lemonade and cookies. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
The Little Miss Oktoberfest competition is held at 3 p.m. Sept. 20 at Walhalla High School and is open to girls from age 0 and up. The application deadline is Sept. 13. Visit dreamteamproductionsllc.com for more information.
The annual Miss Oktoberfest Pageant is held at 4 p.m. Sept. 21 at Walhalla High School. The pageant is open to any girl who attends school in Oconee County. Applications can be found at GCPageants.com or the guidance office of local high schools. The application deadline is Sept. 10.
The Palmetto Statesmen Chorus present How The West Was Sung at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Fine Arts Center, 150 E. Main St. in Duncan. Vocal Spectrum is the featured guest. Tickets are $20 each and available by calling 864-877-1352, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.palmettostatesmen.org. Remaining tickets will be sold at the door.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.