• The Hired Help performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m to 6:30 p.m. at Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County, 303 E. Main St. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating children on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco or drug use or exposure.
• Easley Business and Professional Women meet at 12:30 p.m. at Fatz Cafe. Marilyn Easter, owner and operator of Eastglen Farm in Laurens, is the speaker. The cost of the lunch is $10 per person.
• Itchy and the Chiggers performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Sweet Potato Pie Kids performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 7:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Gloria Kouvolo at 864-843-1403 for more information.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Anderson County Democratic Party holds its ninth annual barbecue and rally at 5 p.m. July 12 at the Anderson Arts Center, 110 Federal St. in Anderson. The 3rd Congressional District Caucus meets at 4 p.m. Vincent Sheheen, candidate for governor, is expected to attend as are other statewide and local candidates.
The S.C. Upstate Paralegal Association and Legal Staff Professionals of Greenville host Greenville’s Inaugural Professional Soldier Soiree from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. July 19 at the Poinsett Club on East Washinton Street in Greenville. Tickets are $75 per person. Contact Jessica Ethridge at email@example.com or 864-414-5795 or Deborah Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-250-2251 to order tickets or for more information.
The Collins Home hosts its 31st annual Chicken Barbecue from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Northside Elementary School. Plates are $10 each and can be bought by calling 864-882-0893. Plates will include barbecued chicken, baked beans, slaw, potato chips, roll, pickles, tea or lemonade and cookies. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.