• Christian Learning Center Released Time Program holds a used book sale at Bethesda United Methodist Church on S.C. 81 in Powdersville from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit www.upstatereleasedtimeinfo.com for more information.
• The Pokemon League Challenge is held beginning at 1o a.m. at Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Call 864-850-7077 for more information.
• The Easley Green Wave Athletic Booster Club hosts a Comedy Hypnosis Show featuring Denise Oatley Hall at 7 p.m. in the Easley High School auditorium. Tickets are $10 each and are available at the EHS Athletic Office, Root’s Tire and Auto, Dominion Signs & Stuff and are being sold by EHS student athletes. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Hospice of the Upstate holds a free class about Advance Directives from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. At Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Participants will receive copies of the two forms of Advanced Directives that are valid in South Carolina, Living Will and healthcare power of attorney. Call 864-328-1966 for more information or to register.
• The 30th annual Pickens Azalea Festival is held in downtown Pickens. Visit www.pickensazaleafestival.org for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Pendleton District Commission hosts the Upstate Pipe and Drum Corp at 1 p.m. March 1 at the Bart Garrison Agricultural Museum of South Carolina, 120 History Lane in Pendleton. Admission is $5 per car and will be held rain or shine.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office holds the inaugural meeting of the Oconee County chapter of Wives on Duty Ministries at 7 p.m. March 18 at Walhalla Wesleyan Church, 3210 Blue Ridge Boulevard in West Union. Gary Carr, chaplain of the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office, and Lisa Taylor, the wife of a S.C. Highway Patrol trooper, will present the program. Call Taylor at 864-784-4982 or Leigh Meadows at 864-710-9342 for more information. Wives of current and retired law enforcement officers are encouraged to attend.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.