Last updated: September 11. 2013 11:09AM - 8177 Views
By - aashley@civitasmedia.com



Customers and employees evacuate Walmart Wednesday morning after a small fire was reported inside the building.
Customers and employees evacuate Walmart Wednesday morning after a small fire was reported inside the building.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A small fire was reported at Walmart at 9:11 a.m. today.


Customers and employees began evacuating shortly after 9:20 a.m. as the LaGrange Fire Department tended to the fire at the market entrance roof of the store.


Customers and employees stayed in the parking lot until about 9:55 p.m. when managers notified that it was safe to return inside the store.


Fans were set up at the entrance to filter out the remaining fumes; The Market entrance of the store remained blocked of as of 10:30 a.m. and will likely remain closed until fumes have completely cleared.


A Troup County 911 supervisor said that the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical problem, but Walmart management would not comment on the incident.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Easley Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com