CLEMSON — The Clemson Alumni Association has elected six new members to its board of directors. Their terms began July 1. They are:
• Josh Bell of Charleston, Class of 2008, executive director of Teach for America-South Carolina;
• Mary Kathryn Dempsey of Charleston, Class of 2008, a fundraising consultant for Blackbaud;
• Mark Derrick of Gaithersburg, Md., Class of 1991, the regional director, Government and Transportation Sector, at Xerox;
• Sandy Edge of Clemson, Class of 1972, the director at the Clemson University College of Business and Behavioral Science Advising Center;
• Bud Hicklin of Clemson, Class of 1985, a radiologist at Mountainview Medical Imaging; and
• Ron Taylor of Midland, Mich., Class of 1965, a former director of Marketing and Sales for Dow Chemical.
The board of directors is comprised of 23 members and is the governing body for the Clemson Alumni Association. The primary responsibilities of the board include general oversight of the programs and initiatives of the association, financial audit and review, creation of governing policies and strategic planning. For more information, visit Clemson Alumni Association.